To Kerry PPN members,
Contents of this newsletter includes:
1. Road Safety Education Service.
2. Bealtaine Hero Award
3. Friends of Recovery Haven Fundraising Initiative
4. Community Mental Health Small Grants Scheme
5. Community Heritage Grant Scheme 2021
6. St Patricks Festival
7. Tea Dance Tunes, Dementia Friendly Concerts
8. Shaping Our Electricity Future – EirGrid launch 14-week consultation on future of electricity grid
9. The National Housing Strategy for Persons with Disabilities 2022-2027: Have Your Say
10. White Paper to End Direct Provision and to Establish a new International Protection Support Service.
11. Age & Opportunity, toolkit for Arts and Creativity in Care Settings
12. Grow Remote
13. Community Response Helpline
14. Calendar of Strategic Policy Committee meetings 2021
This is your Newsletter so feel free to send us in information to share out to the community. Kind regards and stay safe,Caroline Toal, Kerry PPN Development officer, 087-6891105,
Bealtaine Hero Award
Age & Opportunity’s Bealtaine Festival wishes to recognise two innovative grass roots arts projects through the Bealtaine Hero Award. We invite applications from individuals and / or organisations who wish to create an exciting new online festival event which will be presented during the Bealtaine Festival 2021.
Read More Here: https://bealtaine.ie/bealtaine-hero-2021/
Deadline Extended: 26th March 2021
Community Mental Health Small Grants Scheme
Community, voluntary and sporting groups and organisations are invited to express their interest in taking part in piloting of the Healthy Kerry Community Wellbeing Initiative with support from Community Mental Health Small Grants Scheme.
The online application and guidelines are available on Kerry County Council website here: https://www.kerrycoco.ie/community-mental-health-small-grants-scheme-2021/
And Healthy Kerry website here: https://www.healthykerry.ie/index.php/small-grants-scheme/
Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Monday 22 March 2021
The National Housing Strategy for Persons with Disabilities 2022-2027: Have Your Say
The National Housing Strategy for People with a Disability (2011-2016 (extended to 2020)) will come to an end this year. A new national strategy is now being developed. The strategy is about facilitating the provision of housing options and related services to disabled people to allow individual choice and support independent living.
Do you have a disability, care for a disabled person or work in supporting independent living for disabled persons? If yes, have your say on the plan.
We want to hear your views on the current strategy and what you would like to see included in the new national strategy. In order to get involved today, fill out this 10-15-minute questionnaire. The survey is anonymous and confidential.
A further round of consultation on the drafted aim and objectives will be carried out over the Summer and Autumn months.