Allocations under Community Support Fund 2019
Kerry County Council has announced details of the allocation of €750,000 in funding support for community groups and projects across the county under the Community Support Fund for 2019. A total of 246 groups and projects received grant aid worth €388,000 this year while a proportion of the fund, totalling €362,000, is being retained to secure and leverage funding from other funding streams for strategic projects across the Municipal Districts.
- Countywide Community Support Fund 2019 Approved Funding
- Killarney Municipal District Community Support Fund 2019 Approved Funding
- Tralee Municipal District Community Support Fund 2019 Approved Funding
- Listowel Municipal District Community Support Fund 2019 Approved Funding
- South & West Municipal District Community Support Fund 2019 Approved Funding
The fund, which is in its fifth year, has supported 1,500 projects since 2015 to the value of €3.75 m since its establishment. As occurred in previous years, some of the Community Support Fund will be used this year to target strategic projects in the four municipal districts and to co-fund projects which are in receipt of grants from other sources.
Councillors in the four Municipal Districts met on Tuesday to decide on the allocations and unanimously welcomed the provision of support to the recipients. Councillors congratulated all the community groups and acknowledged the tremendous voluntary work that these groups do. Full details of the allocations in each of the four Municipal Districts are attached.
Allocations on a countywide basis were made as follows:
Cork Kerry Link Bus – transport bus for patients availing of cancer treatment service: €6,000
Fleadh Cheoil Chiarrai 2019 – To fund a programme of events during the festival which will be hosted in Milltown from 19th – 23rd June 2019 – €5,000
Kerry’s Older People’s Council – To support the activities of Kerry’s Older People’s Council which was established under Kerry’s Age Friendly Strategy – €3,000
Kerry Climate Action Network– To support the cost of hosting a Community Environmental and Climate Action Expo in Kerry in Autumn 2019 – €2,000
Over the past two years, over €3 million was leveraged from other grant sources as a result of the strategic allocation of resources under the Community Support Fund.
For 2019, the fund will target funding under five categories of support:
- Growing and Sustaining Communities
- Community Tidy Towns Initiatives and Amenity Projects
- Community Sport and Physical Activity Programmes
- Community Economic Innovation
- Community Based Tourism, Festivals and Events