Nai Ionad Na Cille Ltd.
Community | Community Pre School Groups
To Provide a Safe & Secure Environment allowing children the freedom to explore.
• To meet each child’s individual needs.
• To provide a wide variety of experiences that will stimulate the holistic development of each child.
• To create an atmosphere where children feel at ease and look forward to coming to Nai Ionad Na Cille childcare service.
• To communicate openly with parents / children and others to show transparency in all areas of the service.
• To encourage children to make decisions and choose activities which will promote independence.
• To carry out anecdotal notes on all children to ascertain their level of development.
• To draw up individual learning plans as required.
• To work in consultation with other professionals for the benefit of the children.
• To have fully qualified staff with training constantly being updated & accessed to maintain high standards and keep abreast of changing regulations/requirements & childcare practices.
• To ensure that each child is happy and has fun.
• To work with the HighScope Curriculum. HighScope's educational approach emphasizes “active participatory learning.” Active learning means children have direct, hands-on experiences with people, objects, events, and ideas. Children’s interests and choices are at the heart of HighScope programs. They construct their own knowledge through interactions with the world and the people around them. Children take the first step in the learning process by making choices and following through on their plans and decisions. Key workers and parents offer physical, emotional, and intellectual support. In active learning settings, adults expand children’s thinking with diverse materials and nurturing interactions. Through scaffolding, adults help children gain knowledge and develop creative problem-solving skills. HighScope key workers carefully observe children so they know when and how to enter this zone. Children must be secure and confident in what they already know befor Castledrum ,Castlemaine ,Co-Kerry | 066-9766005 |