Milltown Heritage & Tourisim Group
Community | Historical, Genealogy and Archaeology societies
• Develop a Heritage Trail showcasing all historial and geological sites of interst in the areas local to Milltown e.g. Mass Rock, White Church, The Abbey, Megalithic monuments such Killaclohane
• Increase tourists and visitors to the area
• Increase business and sustainability / job creation
• Create awareness of the importance of Milltown in geological and historical terms.
• Bring the community together
• Information has been written up regarding sites for inclusion in the trail
• Photos are compiled of the sites
• We are currently collation information regarding drafting a leaflet to publicise the Milltown Trail.
• Putting together ideas re design of the Information Display Panels.
We are a newly formed group, therefore have no achievements yet to report. However, we hope to be able to report that we have received funding from KCC to fund the 4 Information Display Panels in and around Milltown publicising the Trail and inviting people to come and spend time in the area rather than just driving through. Lyre ,Milltown ,Killarney co kerry | 0862520385` |